The comparison of three models applied to the analysis of a three-factor trial on hybrid maize (Zea maysL.) cultivars
The aim of this paper is to present the comparison of three models applied to the analysis of a one-year study of protein yield for two types of hybrid maize cultivars under different forms of nitrogen fertilizer and doses of magnesium. The field trial was conducted in 2010 at the Agricultural Experimental Station in Swadzim (Poland). The results obtained were analyzed in terms of three randomization-derived models of observations. Consideration was given to three mixed systems, which are combinations of split-plot design, split-block design and randomized complete block design. The relative efficiency of the designs with respect to estimation of some comparisons among treatment combination effects was examined. Particular attention was paid to the interaction between cultivars and nitrogen fertilization.
- Department of Agronomy, Poznań University of Life Sciences, Dojazd 11, 60-632 Poznań, Poland, email@example.com
- Department of Mathematical and Statistical Methods, Poznań University of Life Sciences, Wojska Polskiego 28, 60-637 Poznań, Poland, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Mathematical and Statistical Methods, Poznań University of Life Sciences, Wojska Polskiego 28, 60-637 Poznań, Poland, email@example.com
- Department of Genetics, Plant Breeding and Seed Production, Wrocław University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Grunwaldzki 24A, 53-363 Wrocław, Poland, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Mathematical and Statistical Methods, Poznań University of Life Sciences, Wojska Polskiego 28, 60-637 Poznań, Poland, email@example.com
- Ambroży K., Mejza I. (2012): Modeling data from three-factor experiments with split units set up in designs with different block structures (in Polish). Biul. IHAR 264: 23-31.
- Ambroży K., Mejza I., Mejza S. (2014): On the relative efficiency of split-split-plot design to split-plot × split-block design. Colloquium Biometricum 44: 69-78.
- Federer W.T., King F. (2007): Variations on Split Plot and Split Block Experiment Designs. Wiley. New Jersey.
- LeClerg E.L., Leonard W.H., Clark A.G. (1962): Field plot technique. Burgess, Minneapolis.
- Szulc P., Bocianowski J. (2012): The effect of soil supplementation with different forms of nitrogen fertiliser on modification of generative yield in two different types of maize (Zea mays L.) hybrids. Polish Journal of Agronomy 11: 52-64.