The scientific output of Marek Kuczma consists of 179 papers published in the years 1958-1993 and three books still used and quoted. Professor Marek Kuczma created and developed the theory of iterative functional equations but his name is also connected to important results on functional equations in several variables, in particular on Cauchy's equation and Jensen's inequality. In fact Marek Kuczma has founded a mathematical school: he supervised 13 Ph.D. dissertations, 10 his students have already their habilitation and 6 of them became full professors. The paper provides more information about the great teacher and some results of the outstanding mathematician.
- 60J80: Branching processes (Galton-Watson, birth-and-death, etc.)
- 26B25: Convexity, generalizations
- 30D05: Functional equations in the complex domain, iteration and composition of analytic functions
- 26B40: Representation and superposition of functions
- 39B32: Equations for complex functions
- 01A70: Biographies, obituaries, personalia, bibliographies
- 39B12: Iteration theory, iterative and composite equations
- 39B22: Equations for real functions
- 39B52: Equations for functions with more general domains and/or ranges
- 51M04: Elementary problems in Euclidean geometries
- 39B62: Functional inequalities, including subadditivity, convexity, etc.