A minimax inequality with applications to existence of equilibrium point and fixed point theorems
Ky Fan’s minimax inequality [8, Theorem 1] has become a versatile tool in nonlinear and convex analysis. In this paper, we shall first obtain a minimax inequality which generalizes those generalizations of Ky Fan’s minimax inequality due to Allen , Yen , Tan , Bae Kim Tan  and Fan himself . Several equivalent forms are then formulated and one of them, the maximal element version, is used to obtain a fixed point theorem which in turn is applied to obtain an existence theorem of an equilibrium point in a one-person game. Next, by applying the minimax inequality, we present some fixed point theorems for set-valued inward and outward mappings on a non-compact convex set in a topological vector space. These results generalize the corresponding results due to Browder , Jiang  and Shih Tan  in several aspects.
-  G. Allen, Variational inequalities, complementarity problems, and duality theorems, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 58 (1977), 1-10.
-  J. P. Aubin, Mathematical Methods of Games and Economic Theory, revised ed., Stud. Math. Appl. 7, North-Holland, 1982.
- J. S. Bae, W. K. Kim and K. K. Tan, Another generalization of Fan's minimax inequality and its applications, submitted.
-  F. E. Browder, The fixed point theory of multi-valued mappings in topological vector spaces, Math. Ann. 177 (1968), 283-301.
-  F. E. Browder, On a sharpened form of the Schauder fixed point theorem, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 74 (1977), 4749-4751.
-  P. Deguire et A. Granas, Sur une certaine alternative non-linéaire en analyse convexe, Studia Math. 83 (1986), 127-138.
-  K. Fan, A generalization of Tychonoff's fixed point theorem, Math. Ann. 142 (1961),305-310.
-  K. Fan, A minimax inequality and applications, in: Inequalities III, O. Shisha (ed.), Acad. Press, 1972, 103-113.
-  K. Fan, Some properties of convex sets related to fixed point theorems, Math. Ann. 266 (1984), 519-537.
-  A. Granas and F. C. Liu, Coincidences for set-valued maps and minimax inequalities, J. Math. Pures Appl. 65 (1986), 119-148.
-  J. Jiang, Fixed point theorems for multi-valued mappings in locally convex spaces, Acta Math. Sinica 25 (1982), 365-373.
-  M. H. Shih and K. K. Tan, A further generalization of Ky Fan's minimax inequality and its applications, Studia Math. 77 (1984), 279-287.
-  M. H. Shih and K. K. Tan, The Ky Fan minimax principle, sets with convex sections, and variational inequalities, in: Differential Geometry, Calculus of Variations and Their Applications, G. M. Rassias & T. M. Rassias (eds.), Lecture Notes in Pure Appl. Math. 100, Dekker, 1985, 471-481.
-  M. H. Shih and K. K. Tan, Covering theorems of convex sets related to fixed point theorems, in: Nonlinear and Convex Analysis, B.L. Lin and S. Simons (eds.), Dekker, 1987, 235-244.
-  M. H. Shih and K. K. Tan, A geometric property of convex sets with applications to minimax type inequalities and fixed point theorems, J. Austral. Math. Soc. Ser. A 45 (1988), 169-183.
-  K. K. Tan, Comparison theorems on minimax inequalities, variational inequalities, and fixed point theorems, J. London Math. Soc. 23 (1983), 555-562.
-  N. C. Yannelis and N. D. Prabhakar, Existence of maximal elements and equilibria in linear topological vector spaces, Math. Economics 12 (1983), 233-245.
-  C. L. Yen, A minimax inequality and its applications to variational inequalities, Pacific J. Math. 97 (1981), 477-481.
-  J. X. Zhou and G. Chen, Diagonal convexity conditions for problems in convex analysis and quasi-variational inequalities, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 132 (1988), 213-225.