Increasing pursuer capturability by using hybrid dynamics
Treść / Zawartość
A robust interception of a maneuverable target (evader) by an interceptor (pursuer) with hybrid dynamics is considered. The controls of the pursuer and the evader are bounded. The duration of the engagement is prescribed. The pursuer has two possible dynamic modes, which can be switched once during the engagement, while the dynamics of the evader are fixed. The case where for both dynamic modes there exists an unbounded capture zone was analyzed in our previous work. The conditions under which the pursuer can increase its capturability by utilizing the hybrid dynamics were established and the new robust capture zone was constructed. In the present paper, we extend this result to the cases where at least for one dynamic mode of the pursuer the capture zone is bounded. For these instances, conditions of increasing the pursuer's hybrid capturability are derived. Respective capture zones are constructed. Illustrative examples and results of extensive simulation for a realistic non-linear engagement model in the presence of a random wind are given.
- Bartolini, G. and Zolezzi, T. (1986). Control of nonlinear variable structure systems, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 118(1): 42-62.
- Chen, X. and Fukuda, T. (1997). Variable structure system theory based disturbance identification and its applications, International Journal of Control 68(2): 373-384.
- Gao, Y., Lygeros, J. and Quincampoix, M. (2007). On the reachability problem for uncertain hybrid systems, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 52(9): 1572-1586.
- Glizer, V.Y. (1996). Optimal planar interception with fixed end conditions: A closed form solution, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 88(3): 503-539.
- Glizer, V.Y. (1997). Optimal planar interception with fixed end conditions: Approximate solutions, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 93(1): 1-25.
- Glizer, V.Y. (1999). Homicidal chauffeur game with target set in the shape of a circular angular sector: Conditions for existence of a closed barrier, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 101(3): 581-598.
- Glizer, V.Y. and Turetsky, V. (2008). Complete solution of a differential game with linear dynamics and bounded controls, Applied Mathematics Research Express, Article ID: abm012.
- Glizer, V.Y. and Turetsky, V. (2009). A linear differential game with bounded controls and two information delays, Optimal Control, Applications and Methods 30(2): 135-161.
- Glizer, V.Y. and Turetsky, V. (2012). Robust Controllability of Linear Systems, Nova Science Publishers Inc., New York, NY.
- Glizer, V.Y., Turetsky, V., Fridman, L. and Shinar, J. (2012). History-dependent modified sliding mode interception strategies with maximal capture zone, Journal of the Franklin Institute 349(2): 638-657.
- Gutman, S. (2006). Applied Min-Max Approach to Missile Guidance and Control, Progress in Astronautics and Aeronautics, Vol. 209, AIAA, Inc., Reston, VI.
- Gutman, S. and Leitmann, G. (1976). Optimal strategies in the neighborhood of a collision course, AIAA Journal 14(9): 1210-1212.
- Ho, Y.C., Bryson, A.E. and Baron, S. (1965). Differential games and optimal pursuit-evasion strategies, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 10(4): 385-389.
- Isaacs, R. (1965). Differential Games, John Wiley, New York, NY.
- Jammalamadaka, S.R. and Sengupta, A. (2001). Topics in Circular Statistics, World Scientific Publishing Company, Singapore.
- Leitmann, G. (1980). Guaranteed avoidance strategies, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 32(4): 569-576.
- Lin, H. and Antsaklis, P.J. (2003). Robust regulation of polytopic uncertain linear hybrid systems with networked control system applications, in P.J. Antsaklis and D. Liu (Eds.), Stability and Control of Dynamical Systems with Applications, Birkhauser, Boston, MA, Chapter 4, pp. 83-108.
- Lygeros, J., Tomlin, C. and Sastry, S. (1999). Controllers for reachability specifications for hybrid systems, Automatica 35(3): 349-370.
- Mitchell, I.M., Bayen, A.M. and Tomlin, C.J. (2005). A time-dependent Hamilton-Jacobi formulation of reachable sets for continuous dynamic games, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 50(7): 947-957.
- Noura, H., Theilliol, D., Ponsart, J.-C. and Chamseddine, A. (2009). Fault-tolerant Control Systems. Design and Practical Application, Advances in Industrial Control, Springer, London.
- Patsko, V.S. and Turova, V.L. (2004). Families of semipermeable curves in differential games with the homicidal Chauffeur dynamics, Automatica 40(12): 2059-2068.
- Poveda, J., Ochoa-Llerasy, N. and Rodriguez, C. (2012). Guidance of an autonomous glider based on proportional navigation and virtual targets: A hybrid dynamical systems approach, Proceedings of the AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference 2012, Minneapolis, MN, USA, pp. 1-21, Paper ID: AIAA 2012-4905.
- Shima, T. and Shinar, J. (2002). Time-varying linear pursuit-evasion game models with bounded controls, Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics 25(3): 425-432.
- Shinar, J. (1981). Solution techniques for realistic pursuit-evasion games, in C. Leondes (Ed.), Advances in Control and Dynamic Systems, Control and Dynamic Systems, Vol. 17, Academic Press, New York, NY, pp. 63-124.
- Shinar, J., Glizer, V.Y. and Turetsky, V. (2009). A pursuit-evasion game with hybrid pursuer dynamics, European Journal of Control 15(6): 665-684.
- Shinar, J., Glizer, V.Y. and Turetsky, V. (2010). Robust pursuit of a hybrid evader, Applied Mathematics and Computation 217(3): 1231-1245.
- Shinar, J., Glizer, V.Y. and Turetsky, V. (2012). Complete solution of a pursuit-evasion differential game with hybrid evader dynamics, International Game Theory Review 14(3): 1250014-1 - 1250014-31.
- Shinar, J., Glizer, V.Y. and Turetsky, V. (2013). The effect of pursuer dynamics on the value of linear pursuit-evasion games with bounded controls, in V. Krivan and G. Zaccour (Eds.), Advances in Dynamic Games-Theory, Applications, and Numerical Methods, Annals of the International Society of Dynamic Games, Vol. 13, Birkhauser, Basel, pp. 313-350.
- Shinar, J., Glizer, V.Y. and Turetsky, V. (2014). Capture zone of linear strategies in the interception problems with variable structure dynamics, Journal of the Franklin Institute 351(4): 2378-2395.
- Shinar, J. and Turetsky, V. (2009). Three-dimensional validation of an integrated estimation/guidance algorithm against randomly maneuvering targets, Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics 32(3): 1034-1039.
- Shinar, J. and Turetsky, V. (2013a). The estimator is the key element in interception endgames, Proceedings of the 5th European Conference for Aero-Space Sciences, Munich, Germany, pp. 1-3.
- Shinar, J. and Turetsky, V. (2013b). On the crucial role of the estimation in interception endgames, Proceedings of EuroGNC 2013, 2nd CEAS Specialist Conference on Guidance, Navigation and Control, Delft, The Netherlands, pp. 499-506.
- Shinar, J., Turetsky, V. and Oshman, Y. (2007). Integrated estimation/guidance design approach for improved homing against randomly maneuvering targets, Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics 30(1): 154-160.
- Turetsky, V. and Shinar, J. (2003). Missile guidance laws based on pursuit-evasion game formulations, Automatica 39(4): 607-618.
- Utkin, V.I. (1983). Variable structure systems: Present and future, Automation and Remote Control 44(9): 1105-1120.
- Wolf, M.T., Blackmore, L., Kuwata, Y., Fathpour, N., Elfes, A. and Newman, C. (2010). Probabilistic motion planning of balloons in strong, uncertain wind fields, Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Anchorage, AK, USA, pp. 1123-1129.