On the constrained controllability of dynamical systems with multiple delays in the state
Linear stationary dynamical systems with multiple constant delays in the state are studied. Their relative and approximate controllability properties with constrained controls are discussed. Definitions of various types of controllability with constrained controls for systems with delays in the state are introduced. Some theorems concerning the relative and the approximate relative controllability with constrained controls for dynamical systems with delays in the state are established. Various types of constraints are considered. Numerical examples illustrate the theoretical analysis. An example of a real technical dynamical system is given to indicate one of possible practical applications of the theoretical results.
- Banks H.T., Jacobs M.Q. and Langenhop C.E. (1975): Characterization of the controlled states in W_2^(1) of linear hereditary systems. - SIAM J. Contr., Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 611-649.
- Bieńkowska-Lipińska K. (1974): Introduction to the Theory of Differential Equations with Perturbed Argument. - Warsaw: Warsaw University of Technology Press, (in Polish).
- Campbell D.P. (1962): Process Dynamics - Warsaw: Polish Scientific Publishers, (in Polish).
- Chukwu E.N. (1979): Euclidean controllability of linear delay systems with limited controls. - IEEE Trans. Automat. Contr., Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 798-800.
- Jacobs M.Q. and Langenhop C.E. (1976): Criteria for function space controllability of linear neutral systems. - SIAM J. Contr. Optim., Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 1009-1048.
- Kaczorek T. (1977): Theory of Control Systems. -Warsawa: Polish Scientific Publishers, (in Polish).
- Kaczorek T. (2000): Reachability and minimum energy control of positive continuous-time linear systems. - Proc. 6-th Int. Conf. Methods and Models in Automation and Robotics, Międzyzdroje, Poland, pp. 177-181.
- Kaczorek T. (2002): Positive 1D and 2D Systems. - London: Springer.
- Klamka J. (1990): Controllability of Control Systems. - Warsaw: Warsaw University of Technology Press, (in Polish).
- Klamka J. and Ogonowski Z. (1999): Linear Systems Theory.-Gliwice: Silesian University of Technology Press, Vol. 2159, (in Polish).
- Lee E. and Markus L. (1972): Foundations of Optimal Control Theory. - Moscow: Nauka, (in Russian).
- Luyben W.L. (1990): Process Modeling, Simulation and Control for Chemical Engineers. - New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Muszyński J. and Myszkis A.D. (1984): Ordinary Differential Equations. - Warsaw: Polish Scientific Publishers, (in Polish).
- Salamon D. (1982): On control and observation of neutral systems. - Bremen: Dissertation zur Erlangung des Grandes eines Doktors der Naturwissenschaften der Universitat Bremen.
- Schmitendorf W. and Barmish B. (1981): Controlling a constrained linear systems to an affine target. - IEEE Trans. Automat. Contr., Vol. AC-26, No. 3, pp. 761-763.
- Son N.K. (1990): A unified approach to constrained approximate controllability for the heat equations and the retarded equations. - J. Math. Anal. Applicns., Vol. 52, No. 1, pp. 1-19.