Synthesis and evaluation analysis of the indicator information in nuclear safeguards applications by computing with words
This paper aims at the handling and treatment of nuclear safeguard relevant information by using a linguistic assessment approach. This is based on a hierarchical analysis of a State's nuclear activities in a multi-layer structure of the evaluation model. After a hierarchical analysis of the State's nuclear activities on the basis of the IAEA Physical Model, the addressed objective is divided into several less complex levels. The overall evaluation can be obtained step by step from those lower levels. Special emphasis is put on the synthesis and evaluation analysis of the Physical Model indicator information. Accordingly, the aggregation process with the consideration of the different kinds of qualitative criteria is in focus. Especially, the symbolic approach is considered by the direct computation on linguistic values instead of the approximation approach using the associated membership function. In this framework, several kinds of ordinal linguistic aggregation operators are presented and analyzed. The application of these linguistic aggregation operators to the combination of the Physical Model indicator information is provided. An example is given to support and clarify the mathematical formalism.
- Bellman R.E. and Zadeh L.A. (1970): Decision making in a fuzzy environment. - Manag. Sci., Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 141-164.
- Carchon R., Ruan D., Liu J. and Bruggeman M. (2000): Application of logical computing methods. - Proc. 22nd ESARDA Symp. Safeguards and Nuclear Material Management, Dresden, Germany, pp. 231-241.
- Carchon R., Ruan D. and Liu J. (2001): A linguistic evaluation model for strength safeguard relevant information. - Proc. 23rd ESARDA Symp. Safeguards and Nuclear Material Management, Bruges, Belgium, pp. 380-387.
- Delgado M., Verdegay J.L. and Vila M.A. (1993): On aggregation operations of linguistic labels. - Int. J. Intell. Syst., Vol. 8, pp. 351-370.
- Dubois D. and Prade H. (1985): A review of fuzzy sets aggregation connectives. - Inf. Sci., Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 85-121.
- Herrera F. and Herrera-Viedma E. (1997): Aggregation operators for linguistic weighted information. - IEEE Trans. Syst. Man Cybern., Part A, Vol. 27, No. 5, pp. 646-656.
- Herrera F. and Martinez L. (2000): A 2-tuple fuzzy linguistic representation model for computing with words. - IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., Vol. 8, No. 6, pp. 746-752.
- Herrera F. and Martinez L. (1999): A 2-tuple fuzzy linguistic representation model based on a symbolic translation. - Proc. EUROFUSE-SIC'99 Conf., Budapest, Hungary, pp. 25-28.
- Herrera F., Herrera-Viedma E., and Martnez L. (2000): A fusion approach for managing multi-granularity linguistic terms sets in decision making. - Fuzzy Sets Syst., Vol. 114, No. 1, pp. 43-58.
- Herrera F. and Herrera-Viedma E. (2000): Linguistic decision analysis: Steps for solving decision problems under linguistic information. - Fuzzy Sets Syst., Vol. 115, No. 1, pp. 67-82.
- IAEA (1999): Physical model. - Int. Atomic Energy Agency, Rep. STR-314, Vienna.
- Liu J., Ruan D. and Carchon R. (2001): A new decision model for nuclear safeguards applications based on linguistic expressions. - SCK•CEN Rep. No. BLG-873.
- Liu J., Ruan D. and Carchon R. (2001): Synthesis and evaluation analysis of the physical model indicator information if considered in combination. - SCK•CEN Rep. No. R-3463.
- Liu J., Ruan D. and Carchon R. (2001): A fuzzy evaluation approach for strengthened safeguards relevant information. - Proc. Joint 9th IFSA World Congress and 20th NAFIPS Int. Conf. Fuzziness and Soft Computing in the New Millenium, Vancouver, Canada, pp. 651-656.
- Ruan D., Carchon R. and Kerre E.E. (1999): Aggregation operators: Properties and applications. - SCK•CEN Int. Rep. No. R-3331.
- Yager R.R. (1981): A new methodology for ordinal multiple aspect decision based on fuzzy sets. - Dec. Sci., Vol. 12, pp. 589-600.
- Yager R.R. (1992): Applications and extension of OWA aggregation. - Int. J. Man Mach. Stud., Vol. 37, No. 1, pp. 103-132.
- Yager R.R. (1993): An approach to ordinal decision making. - Int. J. Approx. Reas., Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 237-261.
- Zadeh L.A. (1975): The concept of a linguistic variable and its applications to approximate reasoning, Parts I, II, III. - Inf. Sci., Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 199-249; No. 2, pp. 301-357; Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 42-80.